Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Girls Don't Game

I found this great gaming blog site at Girls Don't Game. It's designed and written entirely by girls. Does that fact make this site cooler than mine or any other gaming blog? Yes, only because girls tend to be cooler than guys. True story.

Anyways, I wanted to read more posts from Monique, one the founding members of Girls Don't Game. From what I can tell, this gaming blog is honest and well written. One of the first blogs I read was Confessions from's a former hardcore raider. I must say it was one of the most honest from the heart blogs I've ever read. It was insightful, touching, and dare I say it, very moving. You see, I was a World of Warcraft player too. However, I was PvPer (Player vs Player) instead of a Raider, but I was able to maintain a full time job, if not be a full time boyfriend, but that's another story and this isn't the time for it.  I used to play from the time  I got home to the time I went to bed. During the summer I'd race home, eat some dinner and play till it was time to hit the showers.  In the end, I woke up and realized, nothing I have in-game or out was worth anything. Was it worth it to pvp all night and made Rank to acquire new Armour and Weapons? I never bragged about these to my "real life" friends. They wouldn't understand. I was a hardcore gamer in a group of real life people. People who cared enough to call me up and invite me out to the bar or for dinner. Sure, I met some good dudes in game. I even keep in a touch with a few through email. In the end and at the right time, I met She, cancelled my account and left my house to try a new quest. It's a chain quest called "Real Life, BL" and I think I'm winning it at the moment.

I encourage you to read Monique's blog, whether you have played World of Warcraft or not. It may help you understand or help someone understand you. Just remember, if you start raging over Ventilo about missing out on some loot. Log off for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment